The Human Rights Framework
Around the world an increasing number of social and political movements are adopting a human rights framework. This means that they see their activism as part of a broad human rights movement. And thus they also see the issue with which they are passionately involved to be an integral part of the global human rights movements.
What type of issues are included in the human rights agenda? In the column to the right is a list of some–not all–of the tasks taken up by these activists.
If you are involved in one of these tasks, then you are part of the global human rights movement.
This interconnected set of web pages is designed with a number of goals in mind:
- Familiarize activists for social, economic, political, and cultural rights and justice in the United States with the full range of activist tasks taken up around the world.
- Encourage activists to see themselves as part of the global human rights movement.
- Provide a range of shared resources that can be updated and posted to the web by a single database and be available without cost.
- Educate people about the documents and treaties for protecting and expanding Human Rights developed by the United Nations
- Encourage people to get involved in the United Nations 15-year campaign: The 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development